Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ending of a tired, wifiless week

Dear Kenya,

Today is the first time since my last blog that I finally have working wifi on my laptop. In the morning we go to the AU abroad centre for our swahili class. Only there can I have access to wifi when my apartment doesn't work. Great right? So this post will be quick and short.

Today I hade Swahili and Environmental Health. Swahili is really fun to learn. I have never been one to pick up languages very easily, so I have to put a lot of time into studying. Which I have! I have been so good! I review my notes and practice vocabulary every night! It's in my head somewhere haha. We also had Environmental health today which was good. So far my favourite class and professor is Community Health. I feel super engaged and challenged in this class. I feel this class is very closely related to what I would like to do. I am excited for what this class will bring!

Waking up every morning around 6 am is extremely difficult. My body has finally adjusted to jet lag and the altitude, but now I am so tired from not sleeping a full 8 hours. Either I am up battling wifi or I am not tired when I should be going to sleep. As every day goes by I am getting more and more tired.

Tomorrow I start my internship! I am extremely excited, even though it is just an orientation. I hope to have a better understanding of what my role is in this foundation.

That's all for now folks!

Love,

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment